[FoRK] Coup Needed - What the right wing really thinks?

geege schuman geege4 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 06:20:24 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> Or at least the fringe. When following a technical topic, I noticed a link
> twittered by Tim O'Reilly ( http://twitter.com/timoreilly ), but the page
> was gone. Even Newsmax couldn't stomach it apparently, but Google Cache
> prevails. Good to preserve publicly. It's not good to ignore funky stuff
> growing in the dark. It feels like many people developed mental illness
> during the Bush years. Or became comfortable allowing it out in public. That
> is at least true of ignorance.
>

> http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:st9T5Lydw4kJ:www.newsmax.com/john_perry/obama_military_coup/2009/09/29/266012.html+newsmax+coup&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
> Originally at:
> http://www.newsmax.com/john_perry/obama_military_coup/2009/09/29/266012.html
> Obama Risks a Domestic Military ‘Intervention’

(A few months ago I noticed New Max touted an endorsement by the WSJ.  That
disappeared rather quickly.  I wondered if there would be more of this type
of quick in/quick out media maneuver.  As NewsMax is pretty much just a
clearing house of misleading headlines pushed into my mailbox, that's not a
bad tactic.)

Geege