[FoRK] Cloud

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Mon Oct 5 02:07:04 PDT 2009

Benjamin Black wrote on 10/4/2009 12:19 PM:
> so glad there aren't opaque credit bureaus and medical records bureaus
> etc., into which we have no visibility, which have vast influence over
> our daily lives, and which are regularly breached.  that's all new to
> the cloud.
>
> oh, wait...

Hey, I'm not knocking the business model, it's one of the best. Just
some truth in advertising to replace a word that now means nothing and
has no competitive advantage.

We've all been through this enough times now to know this term has both
feet in the grave and people are shoveling dirt on it. All I know
already is that whatever it's called next, they were doing it back in
the 60's and most people I know do it now.

Do the marketing guys not know how hard it is to s/xxx/yyy/g a codebase
and recompile every 4 years? If we didn't keep rewriting EVERYTHING in a
new language all the time, how would we eat?

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/