[FoRK] a spare Google Wave invite?

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:42:00 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of the recurring threads I have seen over the decades is in a
> "fad" that is considered an "annoyance" turn into  a method of
> communication such that after a few turns of the calander folks are
> want to imagine a live without it. I am sure we can all summon up a
> curmudgeonly persona to say such witticism as "dang motor car things
> scare the horses, aint no need to go that fast anyway" or "light bulbs
> everywhere, good lord made the sun set for a reason ya know" or " we
> will never need any more than 640K of ram" or "interwhatsit...bunch of
> kiddies yabbering about thier own self important lives...wont amount
> to much"

This is just resistance to change, and obviously common. I think the
easiest way to avoid it is to have an argument with yourself; you can
trivially come up with reasons *not* to like some new thing, but then
conversely, argue with yourself about *why* it's useful. It applies to
all things.

Even better than this, however, is to not pass judgment at all, and
carry on with your own business :p

--
noon silky
  http://www.mirios.com.au/