[FoRK] a spare Google Wave invite?

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Oct 5 22:26:54 PDT 2009

Tom Higgins wrote:
> Ok Ok but biz models, how to make money off it...thing is I think that
> the evidence shows that particular attribute is not THE most important
> bit in new techs being worked on, deployed, made to go viral and then
> co opted for various projects needs. In short I think there is an
> unspoken (on purpose or not) acceptance that the wheat and the chaff
> have gone all wonky in appearance such that you let fly as much
> "stuff" as you can and what lands on fertile ground and grows is
> potential harvest some day real soon now.

And that is a Very good development.  It is an ironic echo of the first
Internet boom/bubble: Utility, and not business model, really is the
most important thing.  At least for Shiny, Cool Things.

I still can't give up on a business model off the bat however, probably
leading me down the wrong path.  On the other hand, bootstrapping with a
full-time job is so much less stress.

> Is there an OReilly book about this yet? What animal should it be?

Ant, but they were used for some of the Oracle PL/SQL books...

sdw