[FoRK] A thought on Design and Quality

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Oct 7 04:25:35 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:53:04PM +0200, Dave Long wrote:

> On the other hand, what about a system that would reboot quickly (and
> persistently?) enough that rebooting could be the default error

How about a system you never have to reboot? It's interesting
what passes for progress these days (almost 2010): weekly
patches in >0.1 GByte range, and weekly system restarts.
I used to have monthly restarts about a decade ago, many years
on servers, and VMS had an uptime well in excess of a decade.