[FoRK] Kindle price slashed...

Reese howell.r at inkworkswell.com
Wed Oct 7 11:05:15 PDT 2009

Oh look, the Kindle price has been slashed by about 13 percent!
Now it's only about 85% more than it ought to cost, given the
very similar cost of some or most e-books to paper books!?!?!

Will anyone be running out to buy one now?

Less facetiously, I'm bugged by how Amazon deleted files in the
recent "1984" brouhaha, though the native PDF support and larger
screen the Kindle DX sported did bring some interest. Should anyone
encounter a viable alternative that does not involve running all ur
data through their server and that is more competitively priced,
I'd like to hear about it. Or maybe Amazon will finally get the clue.

Reese

--

Amazon Kindle price slashed to $259
TechGadgets.in (blog)