[FoRK] Kindle price slashed...

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Wed Oct 7 11:57:39 PDT 2009

We have two.  My wife and kid love them.  The support has been superb; when
one of them broke, they shipped her a new one immediately.  All her books
re-downloaded pretty quickly.

Both of them read a lot more than they used to.  They're nearly constantly
reading a new book.

My wife loves being able to read the first chapter for free before deciding
to buy, loves the selection at Amazon.

The classics are cheap cheap.

The Kindle Edition of Dan Brown's last book outsold the dead tree version.

It is a little creepy, the ownership issue, but a lot of life seems to be
going that way these days.  I can't tell you how many songs we've purchased
for Rock Band.  Yeah, they live on the xBox, but when the xBox dies you
download them all again from Microsoft, so the xBox is kind of like the
Kindle in a way.  Your local hardware is a temporary repository for the
rights you "own" in the sky.

-- Michael