[FoRK] A thought on Design and Quality

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 7 13:50:57 PDT 2009

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, Bill Kearney <wkearney99 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Feel free to crawl backward any time you
> like.   There's probably an
> emulator out there that'll assist the reminiscence.

I have a CP/M emulator that still works under Windows if he's interested. I've also got copies of SuperCalc and WordStar and Modem7 to run in it. :-)

As an aside, it's mindblowing how fast an 8-bit version of WordStar is on a 2.6GHz system, even in an emulator. A global search/replace in a large document happens about as fast as it takes to push the Enter key. (Of course I tried it out! What old techie worth their suspenders and pocket protector could resist? Inquiring minds ... You know?)

 ...ken...