[FoRK] Coup Needed - What the right wing really thinks?

rst at ai.mit.edu rst at ai.mit.edu
Wed Oct 7 13:59:09 PDT 2009

Stephen D. Williams writes:
 > The simple answer to "Were you born in the US?" would seem to be "No." if
 > you were born in Hawaii before it was a state.  (On the other hand, it was
 > a territory since 1898.)  I'll bet that there are a large percentage of
 > people in the US that would incorrectly answer questions like: "Are you a
 > citizen of the US if you weren't born in a state?"

I'm actually interested in the knowledge of a more specific group.
There's this right-wing conspiracy theory that Obama was born in
Kenya (he wasn't), and is concealing that fact because it makes him
ineligible to be President (it wouldn't[*]).  How many of these people
are aware that John McCain was born in Panama?

rst

[*] His mother was American; children of American citizens are
    natural-borm Americans themselves no matter where on the globe
    the birth itself took place.