[FoRK] scatterplot

Dave Long dave.long at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 9 04:27:33 PDT 2009

>> a scatterplot for your comments:
>>
>> http://www.marketingvp.com/download/mer-data.pdf
>>

> Success == ???

Vertical axis is (investment in marketing):(investment in
engineering) on a log scale

Horizontal axis, Failure and Success.  the companies in each category
are on the right side.  I'm not familiar with all of them either, but
a little induction goes a long way.

I believe that for the chart maker, success was measured both by
bottom line and number of engineering jobs created or destroyed.

His thesis is basically that companies should have a Dreams of Field
motto: "if they will come, then build it".

-Dave

Exercise: what do bandwidth-delay products have to do with marketing
plans?