[FoRK] Nobel warrant?

Gordon Mohr gojomo at boxbe.com
Fri Oct 9 09:55:43 PDT 2009

geege schuman wrote:
> And if I were Obama, I'd phrase my acceptance thusly:  "Uh,okay, thanks,
> This is a tremendous honor.  Uh, but I can only accept it as a joint award,
> uh, shared with, uh, my fellow leaders [insert names of fellow sojourners)
> working together to, uh, achieve our vision of, uh, world peace."

If he's smart -- and he is -- he'll not accept it at all:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/kausfiles/archive/2009/10/09/what-obama-should-do-with-his-nobel-peace-prize.aspx

Awards for intentions and potential from activist Norwegians aren't
exactly a winning domestic issue, and the prize's high expectations
could make even a generally successful Obama foreign policy look like a
failure.

- Gordon