[FoRK] Desperation

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 21:20:27 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 7:35 PM, geege schuman <geege4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no backup.  I'm not IT, I'm a victim of IT.

If there were no back ups your IT staff, the back up folks at the very
least, need to be shit canned asap. Running on a corp  or company
level without backups is like  unprotected sex on the set of Naughty
Nurse 24 - The Return of Candy Stripper X whilst sharing used needles
with the cast of  any celeb rehab reality show.

Bad bad bad IT no cookie.

-tom(who once f'd  up backups at a year end close phase at a company I
worked and was very ready to be shitcanned, half cleaned out  my desk
even. Nice bosses gave me a second chance, mostly because I found a
way get the hds recovered over the long weekend and thus had only a 1
day down time)higgins