[FoRK] Kindle price slashed...

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Sat Oct 10 09:53:31 PDT 2009

--- On Sat, 10/10/09, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> > Kindle still isn't available in Canada. Everywhere
> > else in the world but not the Great White North. ... What'd
> > we do to piss y'all off so badly, Amazon??
> >

> And the odd thing about that is that Sprint data roams in
> Canada...
> Perhaps they can't work out a deal to cover the use with
> Canadian wireless.

Yeah, it's all about competition. Until a few days ago there was only one GSM network in Canada. The other two major players just announced that they'll be firing up their GSM overlays next month. Now Amazon has three significant national players to choose from. They will obviously want to see who will give them the best deal.

Also, our wireless data prices are really stupid high up here.

 ...ken...