[FoRK] Authoritative explanation of gas spike in 2007/8?

Reese howell.r at inkworkswell.com
Mon Oct 12 17:32:09 PDT 2009

Reese wrote:

> If anyone insists, I'll dig up links to a domestic news article that
> outlines the Wall Street involvement and an Asia Times (IIRC) article

Here they are, I stumbled across them almost accidentally:

http://atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JE24Dj02.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/08/60minutes/main4707770.shtml

Note the date and venue of each article (I've heard elsewhere that
the Asia Times is something akin to the eastern equivalent of the WSJ
or the FT), then note the nearly word-for-word similarities in large
passages of text from each article.

Once for the players who were not on the inside track, once again a
few months later for the mooks who were trying to be players but not
doing all of their homework. Compare the timing of each article with
the dates that the oil (gasoline) crisis played out on. I smell a rat.

Reese