[FoRK] travelling to spain

Jim Whitehead ejw at cs.ucsc.edu
Fri Oct 16 02:14:21 PDT 2009

I'm currently living in a suburb of Madrid (Getafe) for a sabbatical
year abroad.

Madrid is an incredibly vibrant city, with excellent museums (Prado &
Reina Sofia for starters), palaces, food, etc. Nearby Toledo and
Aranjuez are also both amazing.

I've found that most of the travel guides do a good job of describing
the highlights of a visit to Spain, so I recommend picking up one that
suits your tastes.

Depending on your budget, Mediterranean cruises are *very* affordable
right now, and often leave from Barcelona. The economic downturn hit
just as several large ships came online.

Haven't made it to the Rioja yet, definitely plan on this in the future.
I have three young kids, which makes traveling expensive and challenging :-)

- Jim