[FoRK] GWave and the passing of the torch....

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 16 14:47:31 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> wrote:
> Entire branches of science and all of consumer culture would COLLAPSE if
> people could tell the difference between new and important.
>
> But at least it's not as bad as them figuring out price vs quality.

Sadly true.  Right now, I'm more excited by something old and new --
an artisan pork plant is opening near here, with guanciale and other
porky goodness:

http://www.bolzanomeats.com/

Foodie/locavore culture has done wonders for the availability of
high-quality bread and beer; perhaps I'll eat less meat if it's
really, really good...

Ken Meltsner