[FoRK] GWave and the passing of the torch....

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Oct 16 16:19:26 PDT 2009

paul wrote on 10/16/2009 3:47 PM:
>> It's NEW!!! YOU MUST HAVE IT!!!!
>>

> So, this is why I must upgrade to Win7?

It's just VMS under the hood, and a bad ripoff of the Mac for a front
end... But you have to give a serious consideration to "It's not Vista!"

Damien Morton wrote on 10/16/2009 3:03 PM:
> I think this best explains what Google Wave is for.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxF9oz9Cu0

Hahaha, yes, that's what it's for. (and that was an awesome demo of it
just being IRC 2.0).

And don't forget, every key press is another packet. Cisco stockholders
are walking around drooling. Much like BitTorrent, this has a strong
F'-the-network design to it.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/