[FoRK] GWave and the passing of the torch....

paul paul at remsset.com
Fri Oct 16 17:29:20 PDT 2009

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo said the following on 10/16/2009 6:05 PM:

>>> *gasp* How dare you point this out!!!?
>>>
>>> It's NEW!!! YOU MUST HAVE IT!!!!
>>>
>> So, this is why I must upgrade to Win7?
>>

> Upgrade from what?
>
>> From 98/ME? Yup.
>
>> From XP? Not so much, if you like it enough that you've stayed with
>> it. Stick with it 'til you need a new box.
>
>> From Vista? Probably. Depends on how much you dislike Vista.
>
> ...ken...

Upgrade from XP.  I suppose upgrade is the right word.  The sticker on
the pc says "vista compatible".  <shrug>

The few Vista boxes I have messed with are actually OK.  To me,
menu-wise, Vista compared to XP is like XP compared to Win95.... before
installing IE4.

Compare the NT5 beta to WinMe.  NT5 Beta was very nice... even on a 486/100.

It's all fun.