[FoRK] J.Edgar's FBI returning??

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Mon Oct 19 19:47:14 PDT 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo wrote:
> Is this worrisome? (I'm Canadian so I'm not sure .. is this as bad
> as the author makes it sound?) Two pages but not long.

This kind of thing has been commonplace and very active since at least
the mid-1990s, and probably far longer in some form. The technology
leveraged is a lot more powerful than it used to be and there is a
pretty strong uptick as of late, but the basic pattern is old. The pet
applications vary with the administration.

Whether or not it is "worrisome" is subjective and contextual. It is
not a new development, though some applications are. I have no useful
opinion, but this should help put it into perspective.