[FoRK] Redox battery for EVs is recharged in minutes, through electrolyte exchange

Marty Halvorson marty at halvorson.us
Thu Oct 22 18:18:24 PDT 2009

Stephen Williams wrote:
 > [This spot for a wild and crazy idea.]:
 > Create tracking intense light projecting zones on streets,
 > highways, and especially hills.  Use grates, mirrors,
 > whatever.  As photo-rechargeable cars drive over the
 > charging zones, focused, high intensity light illuminates
 > just the receptors on the bottom of cars.

And all the astronomers, especially the backyard type, will be very
pissed off because of the light pollution this would cause.  Have you
ever tried looking at the sky in the vicinity of movie opening
searchlights?  It's pretty much impossible to see any stars.

Not to belittle the problem of people who drive on muddy roads.  Like me
these past few days.

Peace,
Marty Halvorson