[FoRK] They Laughed at Me When I Said it

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Sun Oct 25 17:42:17 PDT 2009

On Oct 25, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Wulf Losee wrote:
> (And we'll run out of petroleum and coal in the next 30 years, so I
> don't think it will go
> much farther).

Even the most conservative projections (proven recoverable supplies
only and assuming exponentially growing consumption rate) put current
coal supplies at the better part of a century.  We won't be running
out for the foreseeable future. Whether or not we run out of petroleum
in 30 years is more of a political question than one of theoretical
supply.