[FoRK] Cutting through the stimulus BS

Andre Uratsuka Manoel andre at insite.com.br
Mon Oct 26 15:30:59 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 09:54, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> The contribution of any "stimulus" so far is de minimus relative to that.
>  Hardly surprising.  Well, except perhaps to a naif or a neo-Keynesian.

I know I'll regret answering this, but...

You may end up calling me both naif and neo-keynesian, but still,
"stimuli" do work unless you have perfect information without
assymmetries and prices aren't sticky, i.e., if the efficient market
hypothesis holds, than the stimulus package doesn't work, but then, of
course, no one ever gets rich on the stock market, except by luck, and
we do know that some people do.

Andre