[FoRK] insights on Angstro blog

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:35:23 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I recently started using Cailber to take my google reader feed and
>> stuff it in a daily crafted epub.
>
> That's a cool idea.  Do you have a cron job?  How do you automate Caliber?

Calibre has its own scheduling system to both grab feeds to convert to
book and to put them on my device. Now you may ask "you keep the app
running all the time?" and the answer is yes for a couple of reason.
Calibre also has a web interface to the book collection, very slick in
fact. One can thus grab books/feeds on any device thats able to get a
connection to the housenet. I have a pal who uses Stanza to get books
from me. It is a very sweet app, crossplatform and constantly being
worked on.

>> (http://www.spokenword.org/member/403)
>
> Spokenword.org is a real improvement on "podcasting," which has become
> a minor planet in the Apple galaxy.

Netcasting has waxed and wanned for me a number of times over the
years. In the end its all about the content, when its doen badly i am
far far away. I did not know the Beatles' music company was into
netcasting though...go figure.

-tom(-)higgins