[FoRK] insights on Angstro blog

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 18:31:49 PDT 2009

As much of a pain in the ass as epub is, mobipocket and the Kindle are
that much worse.  What a drag Amazon is about this technology.

I think the blocker is that they see the product as a mobile bookstore
-- theirs -- rather than a computer with the form factor of paper.

For example, you can't just copy an image or HTML file onto the
Kindle.  And PDF...  That story has been told too many times but it's
still kind of whacky.