[FoRK] Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Nov 4 09:35:48 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 12:23:32PM -0500, Michael Cummins wrote:

> I imagine we'll be hearing more about this in the days to come.

Yeah, this has already made the usual suspect channels.

I hope they pull it off. It will mean open war, and they'll lose.

They'll lose on the technical front (via end-to-end encryption
and onion routing), and even on the political front, because
this is unconstitutional in most jurisdictions, which will
backfire on those politicians who participated in the secret
talks, and catapult Pirate Party to 10% or higher.

If they actually win, then the time for talks will be over,
and you can actually start hanging the bastards and feel
good about it. I must admit I'm starting to look forward to it.