[FoRK] Brain mapping and the connectome

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Sat Nov 7 10:47:36 PST 2009

Ken writes:

> your wavefront of *human* intelligence

To be clear:  I didn't (and don't) insist on *human* intelligence.  I
did (and do) insist on *human-derived* intelligence (as that's more or
less the only measure we've got right now, modulo efforts like Shane
Legg's.)

We can quibble over the definition of "human" some other time.  I tend
to take a more expansive view than most, and accept anything human-
derived as (at least) "human" for most purposes.  This viewpoint,
though, -wrt- potential precursor species of intelligence, is subject
to the same kind of argument that frequently occurs about whether
viruses constitute "life" or not.

jb