[FoRK] Death Panels

Marty Halvorson marty at halvorson.us
Sat Nov 7 13:45:01 PST 2009

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=flu-vaccine-a-shortage-that-didnt-h-2009-10-29Flu
"vaccine: A shortage that didn't have to be?
... Several explanations can account for the shortfall, including an
old-fashioned vaccine production process that requires chicken eggs;
overly optimistic predictions of production efficiency; in the case of
seasonal flu vaccine, a shift in priorities to H1N1; and a lack of
domestic vaccine manufacturers. ..."

This article in "Scientific American" is what triggered my irrational
posting.  I get seriously pissed at politicians who believe they know
more about science than scientists.

I also get pissed because the U.S.A. is so lawsuit happy that old
technology is being used to create the vaccine.