[FoRK] "Common" delusions? was re: How Complex Systems Fail

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 8 08:35:10 PST 2009

--- On Sun, 11/8/09, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> Ken writes:
>
> > The point of the exchange [re root cause analysis, etc.]
>
> Yeah, I know, I get it.  I even agree.

> My real issue was minor and tangential, but I thought
> illustrated a point worth making. ...

Fair enough. That's a point we will probably agree to disagree on. I see little pragmatic value in models that model nothing resembling reality. I am quite prepared to accept that others may see some value that I do not.

Hmmm.... perhaps they are like a comment of my drill sergeant's when I was in basic training: "Cheer up Private, all is not lost; you can always be used as a bad example."

         ...ken...