[FoRK] Programming languages, operating systems, despair and anger

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Nov 12 12:42:36 PST 2009

Damien writes:

> If those Rebol one-liners are anything to go by, I'd say it wasnt
> done right. Its way out there on the APL branch somewhere, from what
> I can see.

You must be high.  CLEARLY this is a Lisp-derivative, just from the
surface syntax.  (In fact, it is exactly that.  It, like so many other
things, started life as a Scheme interpreter w/ a surface m-expression-
ish syntax and addition literal data type constructor syntax.  I mean,
literally, it did.  Ask Carl et. al.  Or Google for it, this was
discussed by somebody somewhere.)

APL my ass.  Clearly you snoozed through your "programming language
genealogy" class.  J, K, even f-script --- sure.  Rebol's a Lisp.
That's obvious to anyone that's ever used either any Lisp or any APL-
derivative.

jb