[FoRK] Singularity / fear (for Ken)

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Sat Nov 14 11:11:46 PST 2009

--- On Sat, 11/14/09, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:

> This whole Kurzweilan HAVETOHAPPENARITY anice spinof the possible,
> cautionary and wonderfully ripe with potentia...but is it any more or
> less valid than any 2 Craphound podcasts? I know I know some very and
> many deep thinking dinkums take the thing very very seriously and I
> have realized long ago not to take the candy away from the kid unless
> you have something else to offer them...I mean the whining is just
> insane. ...

Holy crap, Batman! I think it's time to unsubscribe. I'm starting to actually understand Tom (stream of consciousness) Higgins. That's no biggy. What's scarey is not that I'm starting to understand (some) and even agree (some).

It's that I'm actually finding him quite enjoyable. Sorry, Tom.  Geez..... Wish I coulda sung like that when I was a generation younger and much more agile on the keyboard.

Bizarre, indeed.

          ...ken... (who maybe just needs more caffeine in his diet?? Or something?)