[FoRK] Various followups (Eugen, Ken, Stephen, etc.)

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Nov 14 11:33:05 PST 2009

Jeff Bone wrote:

> Going to short-change Stephen, here:
>> ...dot (etc.)
>
> All excellent comments and mostly-agreed.  We've managed to get lost
> in the discussion of the implications, motivations, etc. a bit.  Would
> love to carve off and have a more substantive and detailed discussion
> about this once I've got something better to place as a stake in the
> ground, but as mentioned that's been stalled out for most of the year
> due to various familial events.  Hope to get back on that bandwagon
> again soon...  (and btw, part of the motivation there is that it seems
> to me that most open technology efforts work better if you get
> "working and useful" before "public discussion and contribution" ---
> Linux being the major obvious exception, IIRC.)

Tell me about it, a very "interesting" couple / few years recently.

I'm scheduled to dig deeply into the
better-binary-transfer/storage/operation side of things soon.  I believe
that it would be good to pair that with an examination of the text side
of things.  Additionally, I too have wanted and talked about a next step
in the Unixen pipeline shell programming area.  Plus, I need to find a
good path soon toward semantically tagged and other data for my main
personal project.

I look forward to more input / feedback / thoughts / collaboration.

Stephen