[FoRK] The Great Progeddit Shit-Storm of '09

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Sat Nov 14 23:34:26 PST 2009

Well, apparently my rant over here --- generally read minus the
context of surrounding discussion and certainly read without the
context of years of interaction that we've got around these parts ---
apparently got put up over on progeddit.  It was at #2 or #3 for most
of the day, and #1 for a little bit.  The comment thread is a usual
troll-fest, collapsing under its own weight at 222 comments (largest
today, and impressive in any case!) --- but it's getting about a 62%
approval rating, though the 38% that disapprove are both vexing and
entertaining.

I wouldn't recommend wasting any time on it, but if you're
particularly bored and / or interesting in such things, or have the
inclination to troll trolls:

   http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/a4ava/programming_languages_operating_systems_despair/

This isn't the first time something I or somebody else has said over
here has triggered some kind of chain reaction over there:

   http://www.reddit.com/domain/xent.com

Most of those were pretty well commented and trolled-out, too. ;-)
Amusingly, four of the five appear to be programming language rants of
mine. ;-) :-)

jb