[FoRK] Hello!

Bharat bly1968 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 02:45:47 PST 2009

Hello!

I came across this thread from reddit (where I sometime lurk). I've
read a whole bunch of threads here on FoRK and found them really
interesting & opinionated (good!). I was hoping to share an occasional
thought and experience too.

Some background on me: In the early 1990s, I started off as a C/Unix
systems developer working on a distributed computing environment  -
coolness  Nowadays, I write Java/SQL Financial Trading Systems and
other banking applications  - dullness !?!

Over the last 10yrs a friend and I have developed Inq, our own
language and runtime environment implemented using Java. Inq is
certainly not a general purpose systems language. However, it has been
designed specifically for "banking-like" applications where you have a
whole wealth of data that needs to be stored, managed, distributed,
rendered onto GUIs all done in multi-user environment. We used Inq
very successfully to write a high performance financial trading system
(xylinq).

If you'd like to read more about Inq (and what frustrations drove us
to write it) then please do have a read of the faq:
http://www.inqwell.com/faq.html

The main Inq website has some documentation & downloads, but its all
out of date since we're busy trying to get our act together to open
source Inq.

Though I would be delighted if anyone wanted to use Inq, I am not here
to push it but perhaps learn whether I am "polishing a turd"...or not.
:-)

Cheers,

Bharat 'nrg-b' Bedia.