[FoRK] One reason to keep an actual alarm clock...

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Dec 11 05:02:29 PST 2009

Tom suggests:

> rss feeds read to you as well

Feh, serialized, too damn slow.  Same problem I've got with the recent
surge in popularity of e.g. video presentations (TED, DefCon, Google
Talks, etc.)  Text still wins on a bandwidth basis for many
applications.

Watching the presentation by the MOSREF guy --- for a full hour ---
made me want to poke my eardrums out with sharp instrument.

Have noticed that Google is now providing auto-transcription to text
of some videos...  sweet.  And says something about the state of
feeding the beast, too...

jb