[FoRK] One reason to keep an actual alarm clock...

paul paul at remsset.com
Fri Dec 11 09:24:20 PST 2009

silky said the following on 12/10/2009 11:25 PM:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Damien Morton <dmorton at bitfurnace.com> wrote:
>> Clearly what's needed here is an alarm clock with eye-tracking
>> capabilities, so that the number light up only when looked at.
>
> Substantially more trivial solution: The amount of light it shows is
> configured by the amount of pressure on the bed. If you stand up, it's
> fully lit, if you're lying flat, it's completely off. If you sit up,
> then it can gradually get lighter.

Wiring the bed with pressure sensors is too complicated. Perhaps just a
sensor under one foot?  And then with a waterbed, how?

Do we want to need HDMI cables to connect the bed to the clock?

Simpler would be a photo sensor in the clock to dim the display.

Or how about a knob?  Like a volume control?  Like on the GE clock radio
I bought at Woolco in 1977?

Very simple.  And it still works.

paul

--
    http://remsset.com

    Do you smell something burning or is it me?
                                  - Joan of Arc