[FoRK] Stand up and face the future

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Dec 22 06:21:17 PST 2009

Stephen says:

> Mining, sifting, and real-time do not go together. At least not in
> the traditional forms.

With the caveat that mining and sifting / reacting in realtime are
(today) different activities, I have to point at the existence proof
(what I do for a living these days) as contrary to this point of
view.  And that activity and its general form are going to become even
more prevalent outside the domain I operate in as we realize an
Internet of Things.  (It's already the case that this happens
elsewhere;  in the UK to a large extent and in the US to a much lesser
extent realtime face recognition over public camera networks occurs
already today...)

qed,

jb