[FoRK] A comment on Avatar

Gordon Mohr gojomo at boxbe.com
Tue Dec 22 21:49:29 PST 2009

Russell Turpin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Gordon Mohr <gojomo at boxbe.com> wrote:
>> Yes, the Pandoran biosphere has some strange features. I suspect that might
>> be explained in the sequels.
>
> You expect some hints of that, though. I didn't catch any.

Well, it is remarkable: plants and animals with compatible biological
USB ports.

The whole planet might be a computer made by others, or a nature
preserve/experiment (drug-discovery-lab?), or a primitivist refuge of
some species that's gone posthumanoid (and lives in (a) the planet's
core; (b) the neighboring gas giant; (c) the great beyond).

Simpleton planet with big ancient secrets is an idea that recurs so
often that there's a lot of big space-opera ways to go, if Cameron so
chooses.

- Gordon