[FoRK] Stand up and face the future

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Wed Dec 23 04:10:10 PST 2009

Ken says:

> So my $0.02 is that instead of changing the definition of what a
> mine is, just drop it and talk about sifting.

Often, the math is the same in "mining" and "sifting" --- it's just a
matter of how you feed and store the data.  (Often the math *isn't*
the same, but that's a different story.)

So no, I'm not particularly a "semantics" glosser;  but in this case,
there's inadequate precision in the terminology already, to the point
that the distinction is useless...

jb