[FoRK] A comment on Avatar

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:19:23 PST 2009

I posted my reaction to this movie up on FB (short version... a pretty
paint by numbers Hero With A Thousand CGI'd Fasces heros call movie
with amost no higher thought levels involved in its watching.
Paper thin plot, aimed at the Military Bad Tree Hugging Good crowd
(read white liberal guilters..who are sitting in stadium seating
theaters with tubs of popcorn and plastic 3d glasses  (whats the
carbon foot print on that darling little cinematic diversion deary)))

Story arc? That would require a story. Ok so lets just say this was
the Call Of The Hero chapter...go reread Campbell to find out what the
next two movies are all about. Like I said, pretty pictures wheeee but
no surprises at all

.
Meanwhile, for a dystopian take on the symbiotic take go back an
reread Harry Harrison's "Plant of the Damned"
http://feedbooks.com/book/2395

-tom(Hey look, its a Vasquez)higgins