[FoRK] A comment on Avatar

Jeremy Apthorp nornagon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:16:44 PST 2009

James Cameron clearly wasn't trying to construct a deep, plot-heavy
film. Have any other James Cameron plots been anything but tissue
paper and cellophane? I mean, seriously, 'unobtainium'? 'Flux vortex'?

The things that really shine through in Avatar are the script, the
acting, the animation, and the characters. It's not supposed to make
you think, it's supposed to make you feel and respond to the
situations. Which it does, IMO, and extremely well.