[FoRK] Stand up and face the future

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 23 16:43:24 PST 2009

--- On Tue, 12/22/09, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> It's [realtime] still a useful term, just has to have a parameter or
> two to be meaningful.  Soft/hard, max/avg. latency,
> throughput requirements and distribution, etc.
>
> Stephen

Agreed. And that's sorta what I was objecting to .. no qualifier or metric or illustrative adjective. Probably should have asked for clarification but I'm doing manual labour for a few days, helping a friend with his snow removal business in the middle of a snow storm that started a couple of days ago.

I hate winter.

I hate snow.

I hate manual labour.

So I shot from the lip instead of making nice.

And I'm feeling even more picky and petulant tonite so I'm even less tolerant of uses that don't meet the criteria you outlined. Like Gordon's note about his proposed web site where he will have a "centralized realtime repository".  ??? How's that again??? Do I smell an oxymoron??

It's okay if you ignore me. I *will* get better. Some day. After the snow stops and we get it all cleared away. Could be working Xmas. If so, I promise not to read anything in FoRK for at least a week. Or at least keep my hands off the keyboard.  ;-)

 ...ken... <my daughter is making butter chicken .. the day is not lost>