[FoRK] Google Disappoints

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Wed Jan 6 13:15:42 PST 2010

Stephen D. Williams wrote on 1/6/2010 10:06 AM:
> I expect more from Google.  Their "demo" link off the home page [1]
> should have a live emulator of the Nexus One. Let you make and receive
> calls from the web page. Load your gmail address book. Load and try
> apps. Link to GPS on your existing phone (via Google Maps) so you can
> try local reference search and navigation. Order a preconfigured,
> preloaded phone. Anything less and they are just loafing.

Right, and all they need to do is find a company that does that and buy
them. Since there isn't, they didn't.

All to easy to forget Google has never invented anything in house. They
best they can do is buy something and then scale it up - which they do
so well.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/