[FoRK] Africa...

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Fri Jan 8 11:08:47 PST 2010

On Jan 8, 2010, at 10:10 AM, Stephen Williams wrote:
> We try to base our decisions on facts...

Maybe some individuals do, but certainly not as a culture nor in any political administration.  Willful denial of reality pervades society at all levels, evidenced by the apparent fact that no one thinks they are in denial about reality even though they vehemently disagree on the most basic of matters.

The facts we find to base our decisions on are those "facts" that support our self-serving prejudices and biases.