[FoRK] The Wrecking Crew - A Low, Dishonest Decade

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Mon Jan 18 07:51:22 PST 2010

Bill Moyers:
> President Obama's made plenty of mistakes during his first year, and
> we've critiqued them frequently here on the JOURNAL

I'm not a fan of Obama's policies, but I was thinking more long term.  There
are villains on both sides of the aisle going back many years.

Fannie Mae?  Freddie Mac?  The changes made to the Community Reinvestment
Act?

What about the S&L earlier on?  It's not like this is the first bailout.

Would it be wrong to just let the failures fail?  How can you actually have
a "free market" if there are no consequences to failure?

- MEC