[FoRK] Truth (?) about the Google Affair (translated from a Chinese blog)

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Jan 18 11:56:58 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:39:21PM -0500, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> This is translated from a Chinese blog.  Of course, there is no way
> to 'prove' this accusation; inner workings of the CCP is a black box
> and there are no civilized tools available to break that black box
> open.   However, you can still reasonably ask 'Does this pass the
> 'sniff test''?  You decide...

Joe Bob sez, too much plot getting in the way of the story.

I'll stick with the _Halting State_ plot-- Google was attacked by hackers
working at an arm's remove from the Chinese security services.  This
violated an agreement with the CCP, so Google is following through by
withdrawing money and censorship.

Probably all just an external manifestation of an internal CCP power
struggle, a la the Cultural Revolution.