[FoRK] The World Is Not Flat

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 19 21:21:24 PST 2010

--- On Tue, 1/19/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> Ken, responding to Stephen:

Stephen:>  In other words, the higher the existing costs, the
> higher the incentive to go into business to lower those
> costs, benefiting everyone.

Ken: > And he brings it right back to one of Jeff's thorniest
> of thorns. Good work. And, Yes.

Jeff: > Can you elaborate?  At this point, I can't really tell
> whether you're agreeing or disagreeing (or to what...) ;-)

As to what he was "bringing it back to", it was to yet another iteration, in your original post in the thread, of your incessant harping on barriers to entry. (I agree with your irritation, FWIW, and have no quarrel with your keeping it in view.)

So, please read it literally. I meant exactly "Good work [for bringing it right back to a point that is very important to Jeff]. And, Yes [I agree with you (and Jeff) on that point]."

> Actually, I think Stephen's making a good point that's
> consistent with (one of) the problem(s) I'm
> describing. ...

So do I.

> And such influences are --- this should be clear ---
> pervasive in the non-ideal environment of the real world's
> economic networks and ecosystem.  And in many cases,
> it's *engineered.*
>
> Right?

Absolutely.

Does that help?