[FoRK] The World Is Not Flat

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 20 14:30:49 PST 2010

--- On Wed, 1/20/10, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote

> However, none of that is continuous motion based, which is
> what I was suggesting: the platform should be moving at the
> same speed as the train so that the cargo on the car is
> stationary to the load/unload dock and mechanism.
> "Continuous motion" is a term of art in manufacturing
> systems: everything keeps moving smoothly rather than
> start/stop stations.

Interesting stuff. Thanks.

Re: Above. What happens to the trains? Do they also run constantly? What about refueling? (Ooops. Of course. One of the items on the platform could easily be for refueling.) They have to turn around sometime .. how/where/when? (Questions/curiousity, not criticism.)

        ...ken...