[FoRK] My sentiments exactly...

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Jan 22 10:46:38 PST 2010

Ken says, in response to JAR:

>   Corporate decisions do not always resolve to natural persons.

With all due respect to JAR and with full acknowledgement that over
time our (JAR's and my) general responses to various such things have
converged to the point of almost-complete interchangeability --- I
happen to agree with Ken on this one.

Cf. "entelechy," "stigmergy," and so on.

The actions of a body "corporate" (cf. irony) are often quite distinct
from the preferred (or even intentional) actions of any of its human
constituent cells.  In fact, it is guaranteed by the extrapolated
Arrow-constraints of any aggregative decision-making process coupled
with asymmetric (and other) internal- and external informational
constraints that this must always be the case for any group of would-
be decision-makers / actors of greater than size one.  (Cf. "social
choice theory," "decision theory," etc.)

Not that this changes anything significant regarding the overall
argument, which aside from the above small nit I think JAR nails
rather skillfully.

jb