[FoRK] My sentiments exactly...

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Fri Jan 22 15:40:35 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo <ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 1/22/10, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo <ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> This nonsense with corporations being able to apply as much money as they
> want to the political process is just an end run. A way for those with more
> money to, in effect, get more votes. And I see American citizens supporting
> it and trying to justify it.

Elections are still decided on a one-man one-vote basis.

Money can buy you a lot of persuasive power, but it wont buy you a vote, per
se.

Not saying this ruling is a good thing - but disparities in persuasive power
isnt something that the constitution addresses.

The actual ruling is an interesting read. There's one segment in which they
speak about trying to distinguish a media corporation, which can spend money
pumping out political messages, from a different kind of corporation, which
cannot.

Id like to see all forms of communication by corporations not be considered
a business expense, so that the playing field would be levelled with
individuals to a certain extent.