[FoRK] Money and Campaigns Re: My sentiments exactly...

Marc Erickson marcerickson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:14:38 PST 2010

The problem with direct representation is that humans don't always know
what's best for society, best in the long run, or will take pain to their
interests for the benefit of others.  Most humans are selfish (I'm in that
group) and won't go against what's best for them very often, if at all.  And
the fear is of people voting themselves bread and circuses until the bill
comes due - and then a collapse.

Marc

Vancouver Computers Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/x-34009-Vancouver-Computers-Examiner